Scott's Meal

Scott, If you're going to tell us about that wonderful meal, with so many Alfisti in your
neighborhood, you MUST reveal the location...and maybe share your pesonal recipes with Alfisti
near and far...(my car is running fine, minimal Alfa content!)

Karl
'95 168LS
Sunnyvale, California

Had a lovely evening last night.  My wife served as PTA president of our
daughters' elementary school last year, and when her term ended in June,
her friends presented us with a gift certificate at a local Italian
restaurant *plus* an evening's worth of babysitting, and last night we
redeemed both gifts.  We shared a bottle of Sangiovese; Kim had the
braciole, which this restaurant made with veal -- I've always made it
with beef, but it was quite good in the lighter meat, a central layer of
cheese making for a rich, creamy contrast to the tart marinara sauce in
which the veal had been simmered.  I ordered their Tuesday night
special, osso buco, a Milanese specialty of veal shanks braised in a
light brown sauce.  The sauce was a bit bland (I prefer our own recipe,
which starts with a sofrito of onion, carrots and celery sauteed in
half-butter, half-olive oil, and builds from there), but the meat was
very flavorful and simply fell off the bones with a touch of the fork.
A double espresso for me with the hazelnut mousse, a slice of amaretto
cheesecake and an iced cappucino for Kim, and we ended the meal in
proper Italian style.
- - --Scott Fisher
  1974 Spider Veloce
  Sunnyvale, California