Re: Bananas (and no, it is not off topic)

Honda, Toyota, and Ford are going at it for the number one selling car in the
U.S. If my experience says anything, Toyota and Honda will ultimately win.
Why?

I just drove a new Camry. Solid hunk of iron, much like the Accord. But
here's the rub, they both lack any driving feel, just like American iron of
bygone days (and sometimes today). On the other hand, I rented a Taurus for a
few days a while back and it, surprisingly, had more feel than the two Asians
put together. It sems that they have learned their lessons well: give the
Americans what they want. The U.S. companies seem to be heading in a
decidedly more European direction.

Yes, there are poseurs in any make (including Ford and Chevy), but for the
most part the car says a lot about the values of the owner. The Americans may
not seem to be honed from a solid piece of steel, but if that brings more
life to the driving experience, so be it. Does your Alfa have the kind of
solid, iron-like quality of which I speak?

I didn't think so, but it feels good, doesn't it?!

Ben