re: GTV-6 too low?

>I have been having a problem going over speed bumps with my 84 GTV-6.  I roll
>over them as slow as possible and I scape the oil pan (I think) on the medium
>to large ones.

If the car is more or less evenly-lowered front and rear, chances are you
are scraping
the cat or the center section of the exhaust. This tends to hang pretty low
to begin with. The PO of my GTV-6 lowered it also, first with "custom cut"
rear springs! Ouch! I replaced these with Shankle "sport" springs, but there
is still less ground clearance than the 944 turbo I used to have. I have red
Konis which are generally pretty compliant for street use, but I still have
to be particularly conscious of road irregularities.

Chris Robyn
El Cerrito, CA
'84 GTV-6
'91 168