electric fan and rad switch for 1750 GTV, Alfetta GCL for sale

I thought it was about time to cleanout the radiator in my 68 1750 GTV
(hasn't been done in the 16 years I've had the car!) before the next
Australian summer bites. I've got a Berlina radiator, which I'm assuming is
identical that I was going to get cleaned out etc etc to replace the GTV one
with. The thought crossed my mind that I might as well get a thermo switch
put in it whilst I was getting it cleaned just in case I want to rip out the
belt driven fan and put in a thermatic fan. I remember someone saying a few
digests ago that they had done this, although I can't remember where they
put the switch?

Can anyone suggest the optimum position to put this in the radiator? Also
what thermatic fans fit well (remembering I'm in Australia)? I've heard
Alfetta ones can be adapted.

Thanks very much in advance.

By the way our family hack, a 1984 Alfetta GCL (ie.last of the series) is
for sale. Body is perfect, absolutely no rust, original paint in near
perfect condition (just had a cut and polish) and very good mechanically.
air conditioning, electric windows etc etc. E-mail me if you are interested.

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
68 1750 GTV
86 Spider Veloce
84 Alfetta GCL
70 Berlina R.I.P.

Warren Reid
Maritime Platforms Division,
Defence Science and Technology Organisation