RE: More questions on milano rear brakes

Bob Brady wrote: =

>> I've now done rear brake pads on my milano twice.
Both times, after installing them and adjusting the
clearances (first go around did 0.002", this time
changed to 0.004"), they tightened up after a day
or two of use.
 =

Is this normal? I'd think not. =

... Any insights?
<<  =

Perhaps the adjustment technique is at fault. I use the
procedure for installing and adjusting rear brake pads
posted at the i Saluti website:

   http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3837/handbrak.html

The procedure requires using TWO 0.003 inch shims at once on
both sides of the rotor since adjusting the clearance of the
left pad affects the clearance of the right pad.

Rich Hirsch
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti