odd brake lines on GTV

I have begun replacing my old rusted brake lines on my GT1300Jr and I
can not find one particular line.  I am looking for a replacement to
the lines that go from the flex lines to the calipers in the front
(both sides).  I could not find any lines with a female end on them at
any local auto parts stores, so I ordered a replacement from  Ereminas
Imports.  When they arrived I found them to be much shorter than the
15" (or so)front brake lines on my car and there was no way they would
fit.  My lines were also bent in somewhat of an oval shape while the
replacements were not.  I called Ereminas thinking they messed up, but
they said alfa used these shorter lines on all there cars.  The only
way I can see these working is if the line feeds into the side of the
caliper.  My lines, however, feed into the back of my Ate calipers,
like al I have seen.  Is there another caliper out there or does the
flex line meet the metal line at another point or is my car just odd?
Any ideas?  Thank You

Joe Filardi

'72 GT1300Jr
vintage go kart