re: GTV6 Brakes

Your rear calipers are probably leaking. Whenever you get small amounts of
air in the line one of the brake calipers will (naturally) not function as
well and the car will pull. This IS serious and your brakes mail fail
completely under heavy braking (experienced it). The rear calipers have a
noted problem.

DO NOT BUY THE $300 ones from popular parts catalogs. The rebuilt ones are
done by a very reputable company in California and they work just fine. I
have two on my '84 GTV6. Pay no more than $100 a piece, maybe even less.

Also, make sure you master cylinder is not leaking. Look in and around the
master cylinder and booster to make sure no fluid is leaking. Also look on
the underside of the dash where the brake pedal comes through the firewall
for an oily liquid we all know as DOT3 brake fluid.

Alternatively, find a repair shop that has a source for these and pay them
to replace your calipers. The calipers will cost more through repair shops
because they have to mark them up. Might as well replace both since they are
bound to fail and they'll already have the car up in the air.

Don't rebuild them yourself unless you understand brakes very well. The
rebuild kits are missing the seal that actually fails so you'll go to all
that trouble and you'll still leak fluid.

Hope that helps!

Kim Christiansen

75 Spider (in 'restoration')
81 Spider
84 GTV6

p.s.- yes, I know, I spend way too much time on my GTV6's brakes....