Re: alfa-digest V7 #924

>Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 09:48:50 -0700
>From: Glenn Wasserman <glennwa@domain.elided>
>Subject: Installing new A/C belt?!?!?
>
>How do I get this thing on?? I've got the tensioner off, and the belt is
>barely too small to just fit over the pulleys. If I could turn the crank I
>could probably install it, but that aint' happening, no matter how hard I
>yank. I've tried hitting the clutch (holding it down) and even jacking the
>rear, so I give up there...
>
>It looks like I will have to move the compresser to get this thing on, but
>there are several bolts to move, I'm not sure which is the right one.

It would help if you mentioned which model you are trying
to install.

On my GTV-6, I put the belt fully around the A/C pulley
and as far as I could get it on the crank pulley.  Put
the car in 5th gear and push it forward (or backward, I forget which).
A helper to push the car while you guide the belt also helps.  Just don't
get your fingers caught in there!

- -Dennis
San Diego, CA
'85 GTV-6