Question about oil check and digital clock

Hi all.  Since my last message about hinking of buying a '82 Spider, I did
end up buying the car and really love it :)  But I have a few questions.
I do not have the manual so these may seem like obvious questions.

1)  How do I check the oil level?  I do not see a dipstick anywhere in the
engine compartment.

2)  There is a small rotation knob located on the left hand side of the
steering column.  What is this mysterious thing?!?

3)  How do I get the window wiper fluid to work?  There is a container for
it in the engine compartment, but I can't seemfigure it out.

4)  The little 80's-style digital clock doesn't work.  I'm trying various
things now, but wanted to know if there were any common problems with it o
anything.  I think that in the spirit of the decade it would be very neat
to get the clock working.

Thanks again for all your help!  -Josh

Joshua W. Shaevitz
Department of Physics