Strange Recaro failure

While driving the Milano Verde this morning, I felt a slight "pop" and my butt
dropped about an inch.  A few minutes later, I sank another inch.  When I got
out of the car and poked around under the seat, I expected to find a clip or
support rod on the seat that had come loose or had failed.  What I found
instead was the rubber sheet that supports the seat bottom had torn down the
middle, leaving the bottom seat cushion unsupported.

Has anyone else experienced this failure mode in a Recaro seat?

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement piece? ( not the whole seat,
just the bottom support)  I will be calling around on Monday, but I'd
appreciate any leads.

Thanks,

Ian "sitting on phone books" Lomax
Ann Arbor, MI