Re: V6 Water Pumps Milano Survey Early Milanos

Paul:
I asked Milano Owners to reply to the 30K waterpump failure mode
question as Mine was one of those which failed like clock work.
Original 25,+k
1st Replacement ca 55k
2nd Replacement ca 78-82 K

Sold the car at 87 K

The response was skimpy about 20 or 25 people posted to the digest or to
me offline about their experience.  The majority of these had similar
experiences and all (most) (all I believe) were pre 88 Milano people.

A few of the respondants were non Milano owners who mostly said no
problem.

164 water pumps are much more robust.  My wife's 164 has 106 K miles and
98 K miles on the second pump. First must have been one of those factory
defects.

In summary, Early Milano's seemed to have a problem and not all of them
but the survey was not scientific.  Few people with early Milano's spoke
up and said no they did not have a problem.

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX