Re: RHD isnt wrong?

Hi y'all,

I'd like to make an addition to "C.M. Smith" <cmsmith@domain.elided>
's story...

If you vist the Alfa Romeo "museo storico" or just look at pictures of
old race cars you'll notice that all the two seaters were RHdriven.
(single seaters were mid-drive, if that's a word)
For some reason or another, all the "right-laned" countries, chose to
climb a hill counterclockwise, hence the need for RHD . . . so you
could see were you're going along that precipice.
Just think.. those days: no streetlighting, bad roads (if any) and
then steering along them with some 100+kmh...hmmm, must be a kick
better than cocaine :) knowing you only have drum brakes on your hind
wheels . . . I think those guys (Campari, Nuvolari) were REAL heroes,
or suicidal . . .

But anyway, RHD or LHD, both have pros and cons if either you drive on
the left or right side of the road. I never understood why LHDers
should stay right and vice versa.... but maybe someone can enlighten me.

Happy drivin'

    Chris Piepers
    The Netherlands