Right Hand Drive -- Subaru

A recent dialog between Bryan Carter & Gerald Lewis said in part:

>  Is
> >there some reason we're not supposed to have right hand drive here in
> >the U.S.?  What about those old mail Jeeps? (Hey!..you think an Alfa
> >V-6 would fit in a mail Jeep?  Another thread for another time).
> >Just curious...
>
> I would not doubt that the DOT regs for importation prob do require left
> hand drive.  Just my guess...but the object of the post is to describe how
> damn scarey it was to be a passenger in a RHD car operated in a LHD country.

If you visit the Subaru website parent of Alfa Bill's dealership you'll see
specs and ordering info for RHD vehicles for postal rural delivery persons.

http://mastroalfa.com/cert.htm
http://www.mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
http://www.subaru.com/showroom/legacy_rhd_wagon/legacy_rhd.html  -- this is the
link don't know whether the car is an import or made in US (does Subaru do
that?)

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

PS Bill don't forget to have Richard update the link to your business pages.
bjb

End of alfa-digest V7 #920