dual single-circuit vs. single dual-circuit

In AD7-916 Jack Hagerty, correcting Scott Fisher, writes "Actually, Scott, in
'71 Alfa may have still had the dual single-circuit master cylinders. I don't
remember exactly when they got rid of that abortion, but it had two master
cylinders, each with its own little vacuum booster.  It may have been gone by
'71. I know it was still around in '70."

Fusi says "The 1969 Turin Motor Show saw the presentation of the 1750 Saloon
with the following main innovations for 1970: dual circuit brakes, pendant
brake and clutch pedals, a new air filter, Q.I. lights, totally disappearing
wipers and a new hollow steering wheel." The brake diagram top of page 662,
"Doppo circuito frenate sulla 1750- versione 1970" and engine bay photo p.663
clearly show the dual circuit master cylinder, as do pages 90 and 91 of the
Owner's Manual for the 1750, at least in the edition I have.  None of these
show the totally disappearing wipers, so if Jack is perhaps wrong
occasionally he is still in good company -

The "new hollow steering wheel" is "nuovo volante guida a calice" in Italian,
"calice" being goblet or chalice, thus a deep dished wheel; as far as I can
tell the '70 was no deeper than the '69, so the 'new' may have been referring
to the rim material rather than the degree of dishing.

Logically the dual boosters do go with the floor-mount pedals and the single
dual circuit master with the pendant pedals, so one can tell the circuitry
without popping the hood.

Cordially,

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.