Alfa-rati update

I had the pleasure to drive the Alfa-rati (Maserati Biturbo with a GTV6
powerplant) today and let me tell you I was inpressed.  Seems the best
of both worlds.  The Maserati twin turbo V-6 is un-necessarily pricey to
repair and finicky, AMHIK, but has an impressive torque curve coming on
around 3500 and falling off around 5300.  After the port and polish on
the Alfa heads the engine just pulls strong to redline!  In my opinion,
the Maserati gearbox is really well suited to the Alfa 6.  The
elimination of the driveshaft permanently affixed to the engine and one
of the flywheels really lets the 6 rev like a motorcycle engine, very
quick.  We changed the front crank seal and waterpump today from under
the car and Without removing the radiator or fans!  O.K I know I'm
probably offending some "purists" out there with this discussion, but I
think it's a vast improvement on the Maserati coupe, and something of an
improvement over the GTV6.  Not to denegrate the GTV6, no flames
please.  The car will make it's public debut at Concorso Italiano, look
forward to seeing you.

Al Fista
87 Milano
61 Spider