Re: 3.0 V6 modifications

Hi all,

	Sorry to bring up this topic again, but are there any other cams
out there that will increase BOTH torque and BHP on the 3.0 V6 ?
I think my car has a very nice torque curve. Problem is, it
tapers off after 4300 rpm. I have a max of 200 lb/ft at the
flywheel at 3700 rpm on a dynojet. The car is lazy after it
touches 5000 rpm. On 2 other Verdes with S-cams peak torque was
around 185 lb/ft at a higher rev (4K rpm I think).
	In many magazines, I have seen cars with cams that improve both
hp and torque. I guess the same can't be said about the S-cam.
However, I wish to point out that for the 2 S-cammed Verdes, no
dyno runs were done b4 the S-cams were fitted. But In comparison
to my car, 185 lb/ft of torque seems pretty weak for a "tweaked"
verde. Though they had 12 extra bhp (196 peak BHP at 5750 rpm, at
the flywheel)
	My goal is to fit a set of cams that will not cause me to lose
peak torque and at the same time gain bhp. I don't mind if the
peak torque comes at a higher rpm and stays high longer. I just
don't want to lose peak torque. On the average, I should have
more torque and bhp.
	What cams? Colombo, Autodelta, Alquati (where to buy these?),
Sperry ? Hoping it would not cost more than $700 (hoefully much
less 8-)) ). I can pull a set of S cams out of  my old Hot 2.5.
But is there a tried and tested alternative?

Zamani
'87 75 "1.8 TSPARK"