67 Deutto Trans and brakes

I've got a 67 Deutto its rough (has a roll bar and is fairly well stripped)
It needs new floorboards (I've already got those)
to the point I'm thinking of setting the car up for vintage racing
It still has the orginal 1600 in it that I assume can be replaced by a later
motor but I was wondering about the trans and the brakes.
Is the trans the same as the later trans or should I change the trans with
the motor
and I take it the brakes were uprated after 68 can I switch over the later
brakes.
I'm not interested in over building the car I'd like to be able to compete
in vintage racing.

thanks
Joe Davis