Re: more on milano abs

> From: Robert_A_Brady@domain.elided (Robert A Brady)

> 1.  the "brake" light has been on the ARC for some time.  I initially thought
try to short all 3 at the sensor connectors at same time to see if the ARC
warning goes away. If so one of the sensor is still not working properly.

> 2.  the rear pads need to be replace again, after only 17,000 miles.  I
> thought i had the pad clearances fine, at 0.002", but apparantly not.  So,

My experience tells me the pad clearance changes after adjustment.
What I end up doing is to adjust according to the article published
from isaluti. Then have some one to pump the brake a few times, re-adjust,
pump a few times , until the clearance stop changing, then complete the
lock up and put the caps back, check again before tighten the hand brake.

And yes even after replaced rear calipers, the same procedure was needed
to ensure the pads don't change clearance after adjustment.

> 3.  i replaced the accumulator about 20,000 miles ago (2.5 years), and now
> the pump will run after three brake applications.  the new accumulator never

I suspect slow leak of MC so all pressure is lost over night.
Most of verdes behave like you said after replacing the accumulator.
As for the tiny little air in the accumulator, i doubt there's anyway
to get it out. The accumulator has a internal membran that was pre-pressurised
so my guess is that the membran was pushed all the way out when you get
the accumulator on hand. The air in the system would be minimal.

happy braking

jess

End of alfa-digest V7 #915