Re: alfa-digest V7 #907

In a message dated 7/26/99 12:51:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The yardstick over in Europe for =
 the
 mid-sector, sporting family car, is the BMW 3 series (forgive me for
 uttering those three letters in these hallowed pages), and it's the one c=
 ar
 that all others in the class are judged against. To me, it's a very capab=
 le
 car, but a clich=E9, a minor status symbol, and incredibly boring.  >>

Ian, it is the same thing in the USA, except that here everyone (eg, those in
the small % who buy actual automobiles instead of trucks in various guises)
wants a BMW, and an Alfa is not available.

But, the BMWs are about the same here as in Europe: competent, boring, and
the seats are hard and tacky.

Charlie
Hollywood, USA