Electrical Gremlins

The clock went out the other day on my 87 Spider.  Didn't think much about
it other than disappointment.  Went to adjust my mirrors a few days later...
nothing.  Light bulb went off...blown fuse.  Checked it out and found that
the brake lights are on the same fuse, so no brake lights either.

Went to replace fuse, blows 'em out before I can get it seated.  I'm all
thumbs when it comes to things with electricity involved.  Any advice where
to start looking?  I have the shop manuals with electrical diagrams.

Brad
87 Spider Quad
Harrisonburg, VA