Flat 4's

  >> I guess at the end of the day the bean counters
  at Fiat had the last say............<<

  When all is said and done, the major advantage of a flat
  4 is being able to have a low bonnet line. When most of

I don't think my 33 had a lower bonnet line than my Spider.  When you
have a flat 4, you tend to pile all those auxiliaries on top of it.
When you have an inline 4, you tend to hang all those stuff on its
sides.  I'd like to think that wonderful flat 4 in my 33 lowered her
center of gravity a bit.

Chisheng Huang
LA, CA, USA