new alfa owners

You know, for Alfa to really survive, they are pretty much forced to sell
cars to "non-knowers" who wont wave when waved back.  I'd bet this will be
typical for both many 156 and 166 owners, perhaps less so for the GTV and
Spiders...  If you don't believe me- how many 3 series drivers wave at 5
series drivers.

It's sad, but a truth in today's market.  You need to sell more than 20,000
cars for a sports car, 100,000 for a sedan, 200,000 for an econo-box,
perhaps 5000 for a special edition, just to be considered successful enough
to be in business.  I hope that companies are not like mine- we "give" away
escorts (loose money on each- the new Focus should make money) and make a
fortune on SUV's and trucks.  Everybody makes a fortune on SUV's, which is
why everybody wants to make one.

As for the jag-ford argument, besides the useless drivel I sent to brian
shorey, remember what I work on- a $150k exotic that looks very much like a
jag....  So my input is rather useless.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI