Re: Fiat Group and Alfa Lancia

Just to clear up John H's point about the Fiat, Alfa, Lancia, and the
company name, I agree the expression I used was incorrect. What I was
getting at is best described in the following extract from the Alfa home
page history section:

"Alfa Romeo could no longer expand as it had under Luraghi and not even the
joint venture with Nissan (AR.N.A.) for the production of a new car gave the
desired results. The outcome was that in 1986 Finmeccanica sold Alfa Romeo
to the Fiat Group which assigned it with Lancia to a new Group unit called
Alfa Lancia SpA which opened for business in 1987."

As far as I am aware, Alfa Lancia SpA is still in existance, but I am happy
to be corrected if this is not so.

Ciao,

Ian