FIAT-ALFA_LANCIA Spa?

Ian Preece writes that "Alfa is actually part of FIAT-ALFA_LANCIA Spa." I
don't believe that there is any such company. My understanding is that for a
period there was an "Alfa-Lancia Industriale S.P.A.", a separate subsidiary
of Fiat, which built Alfas and Lancias, but that it was disolved and the two
component names became brands of Fiat. If that has changed, it escaped my
notice. I'm not arguing with anything else that Ian Preece says, nor am I
questioning whether it is a Good Thing, nor disputing what excellent cars the
current Alfas may be. Nor am I quarelling about Jaguars, etcetera. Not that I
don't have preferences-

John H.