155 2.0 16 valve motor

>>Can anyone tell me when 155 2.0 models had 16 valve motors and/or how c=
an
2.0 16 valve motor be identified without removing any parts.<<

Hi

I think the late 1.8 and 2L engines all had the 16V heads. These should a=
ll
be the
wide track models, and the easiest way to check is to look for a pair of
coil back above
gearbox next the the cylinder head. If there are 2 coils, each with 4
wires, then it is
an 8V engine. If there are no coil packs then it is a 16V engine.

The 8V has a noticable twin cam cylinder head rocker cover, with a plate
over the
plugs while the 16V has a cover over the rocker cover and the plugs.

All the best

Keith

(assuming you do not mean the 155Q4 with the Lancia based engine).