Re: Alfas destroyed in movies

OK, I reviewed all 3 Godfather movies over the weekend (you knew I was a
sicko, anyway), and I have to correct myself! (Gasp) The scene with the
car getting blown up was definitely in the very first movie, towards the
end. Looking at the Alfa picture books I have lying around, the car was
a fairly ordinary Freccia d'Oro (6C2500). It was definitely NOT a Villa
d'Este. The Villa d'Este had fairly distinctive side mouldings that did
not appear on the Godfather car. Except for the indicator lights below the
headlights, the Godfather car was identical to the one in my books. I'm
still betting it was a fiberglass replica on a donor chassis that got
blown up.

Distinctive things about the car in "The Godfather": Black, 2-door, split
window, hardtop, RHD, grillwork on either side of the center grill
consisting of 3 horizontal chrome strips with a chrome surround for the
opening, a tiny emblem on the cowl just in front of and below the
windsheild on the side of the car, and the aforementioned round indicator
lights below the main headlights. You get a very good look at the front
and side of the car as it pulls out of the Villa where Michael Corleone
is staying.

The young bride was a great looker, so it really was a double tragedy. ;=(
In "The Godfather Pt. III", Michael Corleone reminisces about Appolonia,
and you see the explosion scene again. Michael's daughter (played by Sofia
Coppola) wonders about her picture in a family album. There are also 2
Alfas in Pt. III, but they are already on my list.

For the umpteenth time, the URL for the website with "The List" is:

http://www.delanet.com/~sents/spider

Or, if you can't take the redirect at that address:

http://www.delanet.com/~sents/cgi-bin/ecsw.cgi?form_action=view_all_records

Thanks go to Michael Sents for hosting it. With all this activity on the
movie thread, I will be updating "The List" soon. Thanks to the Digest for
the fuel. ;=)