alfa-digest V7 #900

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>>better that they don't bring Alfa back to the USA than they destroy a
>grand marque with their heavy-handed, short-sighted, production-
>efficiency-driven approach to the "vehicle" business. =3D

>Look what Furd is doing to change Jaguar into Jag-U-Aren't --
>degenerating one of the great car brands into a  Crowd Victoria/Lincoln
>Toad Car.

>Paul Rollins
>Vancouver, WA

In actuality Alfa has, in its' past, already produced Alfa delivery vans
and
trucks. So what's the big deal?  You have to make what the consumer wants=

buy or you go out of business.  I would not be at all surprised to see an=

Alfa SUV in the future.  According to a recent survey released in the UK,=

that (SUV's and trucks) is going to be the strongest market niche for the=

coming 10 years, IN THE WORLD.  For good or Ill, the US has become the
pacesetter. Carmaking is a business, not museum curaturship 101.

IMHO, if Ford had not taken over Jaguar,  Jag would be dead by now.  then=

we
would not have any Jaguars to push around anymore.  Maybe some would have=

preferred that rather ignomenious end.  Compete or die!

        Jerry in Houston<

Thanks for reinforcing the point.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA