Re: Important info on Headlight Switch

Jon in Dallas wrote:

>Here's the deal...  Look at the housing on the top and bottom between the
>hollow rivets where the 2 sides fit together.  There are 2 holes on the top,
>and 1 on the bottom.  TADA!  These are burnishing access ports.

Yes, it's good to burnish the contacts once in a while. Sometimes, however,
there are other problems. Sometimes the springy pieces of metal need to be
reshaped to make a good contact. Sometimes the contact is so pitted that a
light burnishing isn't enough. In that case, you really need to open it up
to get at all the pieces. I also recommend the addition of relays to make
the contacts last longer. These switches don't grow on trees.

End of alfa-digest V7 #903