Jekyll & Hyde Spider....

Hi All,

I am convince that my '89 spider has a spilt personality... When
it wakes up in the morning it runs great on its 25 minute ride to
work. I can feel the extra power and throttle response  from
the cold start till it is well warmed up to normal operating
temperature after 10 minutes or so. During the day on a lunch
run or even on the way home in the evening it seems to lose
a bit of its power and I find myself downshifting to maintain
a reasonable power on demand. I can't say it does this all
the time, but it seems that it does it less on the morning
drive than other times.

It feels like the engine is choking, because as I depress
the throttle it hesitates or their is a lag before it responds
and even at that it is still doesn't feel like the power that
it should be.

I know that different things go on when the engine is cold
and hot and it may have a bearing on this problem, but as I
said earlier that it seems that fine even when it is hot in the
earlier morning and yet at lunch time the problem returns
soon after starting the drive.

Has anybody got ideas why this happening and what can
fix it? Could it be an air valve that is leaking? All the air
hose connections seem fine.

Any suggestions..

John Davis
Satellite Beach, Florida