cooling systems.

> Al Fisti just posted to the digest about his plugged-up Milano radiator. This
> simple but apparently unusual problem caused his car's chronic overheating. A
> friend of mine also has a Milano that overheats badly, and guess what? He
> discovered that his radiator is clogged and needs rodding, not just flushing.
>
> Is it possible that all of our hot-running 164's need their radiators cleaned
> out? Milano and 164 do, after all, use the same engine and similar radiators.
>
> In all the discussions of excessive 164 engine temperature I've read on the
> digest, I don't remember once hearing anyone say they'd had their radiator
> dismantled and cleaned. I realize that there are dozens of other causes for
> overheating, but could we be overlooking something obvious?
>
> Bob McKeown
> Nashville, TN

Words of wisdom, folks....
Alfas are only a hassle in the hands of those who either don't know, (no
crime) or think they can defy engineering. Cooling systems are simple.
Forget all the miracle additives and hot wiring fans, just fix what's
broken and let the car do it's thing. They aren't made to run with 160
degree thermostats, the factory 185 is fine.

If all of the components are in good working order, you won't have
trouble. Alfas here in Florida, 90+ temps and 90% humidity, have no
trouble. You shouldn't either. If you have a plugged radiator and don't
fix it, and try to fix it with home remedies, good luck.

As I have said before, 164s and Milano/75s have NO overheating problem.
Just owners who won't put the car right. Radiators clog, the cars are
getting old. have it cleaned, or replace it. Simple.

Man, do I sound crotchety....

AlfaBill