Bleeding off V6 fuel pressure

>Yes, you should depressure the fuel system according to the shop
> manual. The system maintains pressure for a long time to speed
> up restarts, I think anyway. Eventually the pressure must bleed
> down but you'll not find out how low it goes until you've sprayed
> gas all over the place (your face probably!).

At a AROC convention many years ago, Brad Warner, a Bosch guy with
Alfa experience recommended using a hand-operated vacuum pump to
bleed off fuel pressure before opening up a fuel line. Just
disconnect the vac. hose going to the engine fuel pressure
regulator, connect the hand-op vac pump to the pressure reg, and
operate the hand pump. If the press. reg is working correctly, this will
cause fuel pressure to bleed back into the tank.

Rich Hirsch