RE: DaimlerChrysler Fiat?

>From: "Peter Pleitner" <pleitner@domain.elided>
>Confirmation requested from Europe.
>Friend reports its was big news in Germany today that Fiat is
>talking with Daimler Chrysler about a merger.  And the "experts" are saying
>a deal is close.

The 19July AutoWeek claims both DaimlerChrysler AND Ford are lusting after
Fiat. Also a note that Fiat is going to build a 'Pajero Pinin' (dare I say
SUV?) in Italy on a Mitsubishi platform. Mitsubishi now builds Chrysler
Sebrings in their Illinois plant. With all the inbreeding in the car
business, the 2001 models will probably have 5 wheels and a headlight in the
middle of the hood!

Lew

End of alfa-digest V7 #896