Re: Jan Ben

I tried to email direct, kept bouncing, perhaps it's not Richard's fault!!

anyway, Jan is right, it is a shift linkage thingy (not quite sure which
thingy -it's been about 10 years!!). Exact same thing happened to my '87.
Parts are cheap, labor isn't.  I think the whole thing came to ~ $ 250 -
checkbook mechanic time for me.  That car never did it again.  I was careful
w/ clutch, it was never damaged.  Since I only had 3 & 4 gears, had to be
careful where I parked it - those babies are heavy if you have to push them
to back up!  My '89 Verde owned since new has never done it. Perhps they did
improve the parts.
Best of luck.
andy