RE: Cool Air

I was channel surfing over the weekend and stopped for a few minutes on the
NASCAR Truck racing event.  One was in the pits with its'  hood up.  Under
the hood I could see two large insulated hoses going from the front grill
(prob headlight hole) to the big round center air cleaner housing, one on
each side.  Being insulated I expect they were trying to get the coolest air
possible to the carby, besides the ram air effect.

Jerry in Houston

wrote:

> >Q. How do I get more cold air into engine bay?!?!?!
> >
> >What can I do to cool my Verde's engine bay better?
> >
> >I was looking at zamani's car, and noticed a rubber trim piece between
> >from bumper and headlight/grill. On the passenger side, under the head
> >light, behind the rubber trim, is where the engine gets the cold air
> >from.  I wonder why put a rubber trim right in front to block the air
> >flow.  By removing the rubber piece there creates an unobscured
> >air flow path to air filter box, and with car in motion, we get
> >a little of that pontiac ram effect don't we???
> >
> >Not only that, I also want to get more cold air to the engine
> >bay in general, but particularly to the ABS pump. I like to know
> >if anyone took off the bumper before to take a good look to see where
> >can we push more cold air into engine bay??
>

	>You might look at it a little differently; maybe pose the question,
"How can >I get more hot air out of the engine compartment?" Stock Milanos
have >minimal cowl venting (IIRC); all of the venting occurs under the car.
I >believe this is a high pressure area on most cars. Getting more air into
the >engine compartment may exacerbate this situation. One would preferably
>remove air from the engine compartment above the wheel wells (or through)
to >maximize downforce on the front of the car.