Milano Blower fan

Heater/a/c fan just gave up today.  No warning, other than the
occasional leaf noise in the housing.  Was working when I shut the car
off, then completely silent when I went to drive off 3 hours later.  No
wiring smell, no evidence of a short.  Fuses o.k.  This car has not been
prone to wiring problems other than the connections at the tail lights.
I'll get into it deeper in the morning, in the mean time has this
happened to anyone else?

Ian