Re: First run through the Deep Dark Forest: 1974 Spider

I was blasting around through the heat quite a bit this weekend too.
Didn't experience the brake fade you report, but FrankenSpider's
temperature rose a bit. I think the '82 engine has a 195 degree F
thermostat in it. It normally sits just the right side of 185 on the
gauge, which as I remember from my other two Spiders is just right.
Creeping through traffic in the 90+ degree heat and running uphill
briskly put it squarely half way between 185 and 215 degrees on the
gauge.

I don't think it's a problem, but I would prefer a 185 degree thermostat.
I'll probably change it when I get the chance.

Love the bit about the factory chassis stiffener.... :)

Oh yes, when I filled the tank Friday eve and checked the oil, I noted it
was time for a quart of oil for the first time. Not too shabby: I'm
getting 2900 miles per quart. It's just about time for an oil change
anyway.

Godfrey