Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

In a message dated 7/12/99 11:35:06 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:40:18 -0400
 From: Anthony Rondeau <rondeau@domain.elided>
 Subject: Spica fuel inj. bah hum-bug

 I have a Spica set up on my spider.  I have read many positive comments
 about this design when it is properly adjusted.  My questions are:  If
 it was so great, why did'nt Farrari or somebody else use it? and Why was
 it only primarily for the US market if it was so great?  Personally, I
 don't like it.  I'll admit that I am no fuel injection expert and its
 possible that it is the greatest idea since sliced bread, but I can find
 alot of information on how to adjust it when the pump and everything
 else is operating as it should, but nothing that tells me how to repair
 the pump itself!  Come on now, are there some magic elves in there.  If
 you can buy a manual on how to rebuild an engine, I find it hard to
 believe that there is nothing available on rebuilding the pump.  At
 least I have not seen this manual in any of the major parts suppliers
 catalogs.  To me that is more valuable to have a system that can be
 maintained rather than having a fuel system that performs slightly
 better but can't be serviced unless it's sent across country.

                                                                 Sorry,
 just venting out loud,

 Tony from CT