Re: alfa-digest V7 #873

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:17:07 -0700
> From: AlfaBill <alfabill@domain.elided>
> Subject: 164/general radiator cooling issues
>
> I've been getting alot of calls lately about cooling systems running
> too high in Alfas.
>  I drive in a tough climate, 90's and 80% humidity, and Alfas don't have
> much trouble here. I think there is a misunderstanding about what is OK
> for an temp. operating range.
>
> On the 164, the temp gauge has marks, 175, small mark, large mark,
> small  mark and 250. (USA) If it is between the 175 and up to the large
> mark, drive the car and let it do it's job. They are designed to work
> there. If it doesn't, first suspect the gauge and take an independent
> temp reading with a candy thermometer or similar. Gauge senders are
> often wrong.

Bill, How come you never started selling those new "Stick-on" numbers for
the temp gauge?  We talked about them, remember?  You place it over the
numbers on the factory gauge and the gauge will show the 175 one line to the
left of center.  The 164 will always run with the temp in the center!
Problem fixed and postings over!

>  Alfa hoses are low priced, change them.

Low priced?  Tell that to Brad.

Glenn Emerson