Re: SPICA and velocity stacks

Way back when in the mists of time when I had my Spider 1750, I played
with a several minor tweaks to see if there was anything I could do
without tearing the engine apart to improve performance. I tried the air
horns and K&Ns ... they made a nice racket but didn't add anything to the
power that I could tell. Sure sounded fast.

I ended up putting the stock airbox back on, with a pair of K&Ns fitted as
filter elements, and going with a cam change. That included a little tweak
to the SPICA setting. Now that was a significant improvement. The always
optimistic speedometer read even higher, overrevving to 6700 rpm in top
gear, and there was very little additional noise from under the hood.

I'd stick with the stock airbox and a set of K&N filter elements.

Godfrey