RE: trans gear lightening

> Would anyone like to discuss the virtues and value of transaxle gear
> lightening? There is one small point that's bugging me and which makes the
> "technology" look a wee bit semi-bogus. Maybe not completely bogus, but at
> least partly bogus. If anyone indicates curiosity and a desire to discuss,
> I'll throw in my starting contribution.

i can't speak for the transaxle gear lightening, as i haven't installed mine
yet.  i did, however, have tom sahines build me a gear lightened box for my
spider, and the difference was nothing short of amazing.  it completely
transformed the car - shifting is now instantaneous, there is no thought of
double clutching.

i'd be interested to hear why gear lightening is bogus.

bs