<74 Spider> CARBS? We don't need no stinking CARBS

Greetings Digesters!

I wanted to report that with a lot of help from Rich
Hirsch (who spent a lot of time trying to sort out
things and put them right. Thanks Rich) and a lot of
other people (like Fred Di and Wes), my 74 spider now
can be started without problems and without doing
anything other than turning the key(cold started it
from OUTSIDE the spider last night). This is a SPICA
equiped spider!

I am now in the camp that says if it is in good shape
and adjusted correctly the SPICA is a great system. I
am overjoyed that after a year of fussing with it, I
got the motor sorted out. It is very satisfying.

I now need to replace the MC and motor mounts. I will
start on the body work needed to finish this car and
then turn it over to my wife.

Thanks again to all the helpful folks here abouts.

regards,

jkc

74 spider
81 bmw 318i