Re: PoweRRing, Excerpt from email with jocko

I hope this is not too off topic but I think most will find it
interesting as I got a number of emails complaining about the lack of
details on the PoweRRing internal combustion engine.Here are a few
poignant excerpts from my correspondence with the man.

Dear Jocko,
I have a few questions about the PoweRRing as my understanding
of its workings is limited to the concept of the leverage efficiency of
the camshaft and radial design over the status quo of the crank.
1. How does the induction work? I have seen in the pictures the three
horns and three small disks with the radial ports and assume this must
be most of the induction system. I don't get how though.
2. What fires the combustion charge? Plugs? compression?
3. Are there any limitations or holdups  placed on the engine by current

technology in metallurgy and or seals? (what I mean is that the Wankel
always had a seal problem. As well as an efficiency problem.)
4. Do you see any reason that alcohol could not be used as a fuel?
5. Do you consider each individual cylinder to be completing a 3 part
cycle or is the reference to 3 cycle about one revolution?

Hi Ray,

Now to answer your questions.

You have it correct. The  3 discs are my impeller/compressors to be gear

driven at 20: 1 (called CHINGs).  The three Venturi horns are leading
the
air into the Chings which then pressurize the can that covers them.  The

ports are open six at a time but the Chings have 36 tapered ducts
blowing
air continously so the pressure will blow the exhaust out and heat off
the
piston crowns and cylinder walls.  When the pistons close off that flow
the
cylinder will have a raised pressure to start compression with.  Fuel
will
then be injected and atomized by a puff of exhaust pressure fed in from
previous firing.  Glo plugs fire the mix.  No problem with material or
seals.  all low octane fuels can be used.  The 3rd cycle is when the cam

allows the pistons to dwell at the bottom to allow time to exhaust, cool
and
intake.  It fires every time up.  18 cylinders X 12 lobes equal 216
firings
per rev.  Six cylinders are pushing the cam at all times.  The output
shaft
feels 36 pulses of power in each rev.  There is no load on the main
bearings
ever.  No con rods to break or push the pistons against the walls.

It's design was concieved by me  while trying to fix the V8s in
dragsters.
They make lots of power but kill themselves because of a major flaw.  I
wanted the ideal not just a copy if the current with one improvement.
So, I
searched all of the designs I'd come to know about and only used the
best
parts and the criteria was high torque and low revs.  When you do the
math
it's a mind blower.  I figured 450 psi at combustion and a 2.1" bore
with
six pistons firing at once that gives us 21.2 square inches of piston
area.
At top dead center that excerts 9,347 pounds of force, the leverage is
5.25"
so we divide by 2.28 that results in 4,099 ft lbs of torque.  That is
about
what a dragster needs.  The 450 psi is a low number compared to the
8,000
psi inside a nitro burning V8.  The V8 can't do any work at TDC so most
of
that high pressure tends to break things instead of moving the load.

I've looked into government grants but a person without connections to a

university or a large corporation have little chance of getting help so
. .
. . . .I'm still going it on my own until  some rich person gives me
what I
need without expecting a quick return on their investment.

I don't believe that a patent would do me any good because it's paper
that
needs a team of legal types to play with it and it never produces
horespower
just shit.

Sincerely,      Jocko

Hope this interests some,