RE: leaky power steering on a 164

Doug,

I had a similar leak under the firewall on my 164Q recently. 'Twas the
high pressure p/s lines rather than the rack that was leaking- they are
easier and less costly to replace than the rack. While you're at it
check the booties at each end and replace them if they are torn or
deteriorating. The dirt that gets in a torn boot can shorten the life of
the rack. I also used the opportunity to go synthetic on the p/s fluid
[Castrol Syntec].

As for buying time I have no experience with stop-leak, although I
contemplated keeping a bottle in the Alfa for personal use on my long
commute.

dave s.

95 164Q
83 Aston Martin Lagonda