Steering wheel refinishing

>Hello, I am wondering what product to use to get the varnish off my
>steering wheel.  It seems impervious to a number of products that

Jose,
  I tried a number of things to get the finish off my wheel including methyl
ethyl ketone. I think the wood steering wheels are coated in some kind of
epoxy finish. Nothing would even soften it. I ended up sanding  the finish
off; a very time consuming process. It's worth the effort though. I finished
my wheel a year ago and I still get nice comments on it. Just be sure to use
an exterior grade polyurethane finish.
                    Brian
                    Moutain View, CA
                    87 Spider Graduate