Re: Parts out of Italy

In a message dated 7/7/99 10:18:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Does anyone have any recent experience trying to get parts out of Italy
>  and back to the US through customs?  I might have some space in my
>  luggage for some key peices, but I'm wondering what kind of hassles I
>  might run into.

Unless there is a Rennaisance frescoe painted on it you will have no trouble
taking car parts out of Italy, or bringing them into the US.  Just keep
receipts.  I brought back alot of stuff back from England and had  no
problems with customs on this side of the pond.  In England there is no
customs check going out of the country, just passport and baggage check.
Don't remember about Italy. Those security guys at Gatwick at the x-ray
machine did not know what to make of the image of those two cams I had in my
carry on baggage.  ENJOY!

Jerry in Houston

Jerry in Houston