auxiliary air device, resolution

FrankenSpider has been getting a trifle reluctant to start from cold in
the past week or so, seemed to be a little rougher than usual on startup
and then smoothed out nicely as it warmed. Hmm, well, I *did* purchase a
used replacement Auxiliary Air Device gizmo a few weeks back that I hadn't
installed. I decided to put it in this morning before starting it up.

Installation was gratifyingly easy: two hoses, one electrical plug, two
bolts. Done in 5 minutes. And then the acid test: how will it start and
idle? Happily, it seemed to start up a little easier and dropped into a
perfectly smooth idle in just a couple of seconds. Not bad for empirical
repairs ... :)

When I inspected the replacement compared to the one that was on the car,
I can see that the replacement valve is open a bit more than the one that
I took off. The difference is small but evidently important.

Godfrey
 better and better one tiny increment at a time