re: GTV suspension

>I want to update the suspension on my stock '73 GTV.  The car will be used
>on the street, but I also want to use it in autocross/time trials.  I am
>trying to reduce the car's tendency to understeer...
>Also, is it necessary to replace BOTH front and rear sway
>bars to reduce the plowing, or would replacing just the rear sway bar with
>the stiffer one lessen understeer? Thank you for your help.  Mark

Handling is so subjective that this is sure to generate a lot of responses.
 My preference for a dual purpose street/track GTV is to go to a 16 mm rear
sway bar (3 mm over stock) and leave the stock front sway bar.  I haven't
used any of the Shankle springs, but the "Sport" springs probably aren't
stiff enough to make a significant difference.

Dana Loomis
71 1750 GT Veloce
72 2000 GT Veloce