Mexican Alfas and Stainless chrome

>I was wondering.  Has it occurred to anybody to buy and register a car in
>Tijuana, then drive it in Southern California with a Mexican driver's
>license?  I wonder how long you could get by in doing this.

If you're a resident of Mexico, it probably works fine, as I see Mexican-registry vehicles here
all the time. If you're a US resident, just don't get caught or get in an accident. You'd probably
lose your Alfa and other financial assets at the hands of a lawyer or law enforcement agency.

>I've had no luck putting gleam back on the stainless bumpers and trim.
>Should these pieces be chromed...or have I just been missing the right
>polishing compound...or?

I would try Simichrome, Made in Germany, available at NAPA in the USA. Or else, go ask on
alt.autos.studebaker and tell them I sent you. Many Studebakers have Stainless trim...

Karl
'95 164LS
'63 Lark Daytona Convertible
'56 Commander 4 door (for sale $1900, runs fine, nobody wants it, off to eBay or charity next
month)