Replacing 75 / Milano doorlock

Hello everybody!

This one will be a bit long....

Three weeks ago I decided to go on a tour in France. So I took my 75 1.6
i.e. to my mechanic on Monday for a valve job and a set of new piston rings.
And a new used intake cam was thrown in too. I picked the car on Wednesday
at noon. Then I covered 600 kms in two days, so the head could be retorqued
on Friday morning as I planned the departure on Saturday.

Then the car runned great, weather was fine, wines in France are good,
especially if you throw a peace of piece on the table to eat it while
enjoying the sunset.

It was all nice until Aix in Provance. My mistake, I admit. I forgot to take
the detachable front of the radio with me. I remembered it as soon as I got
away from the car. I was back to take the front with me, but somebody has
already taken the whole radio with him. And I was not the only one. In that
time (10 minutes) 3 radios were stolen in that parking place. And the French
Germandarie was only 30 m away writing parking tickets... Grrr :-(

So the damage is a stolen radio and a broken doorlock. Luckily the central
lock is not damaged and I was able to lock the car.

So the question is: Any special tricks & or problems with doorlock
replacement and how long does it take to get the job done?

Thanks for help and ciao.
Matjaz

P.S. No, I didn't stop in Arese during my trip over northern Italy. I'll
save that trip for a spider ;-)

End of alfa-digest V7 #856