3rd Party Warranties

I want to thank everybody who responded to my enquiries about third party
warranties.  As many of you know, I work in the health insurance industry,
and I am fairly familiar with complex policies.  After close examination of
these third-party warranties, I found that these insurance companies put in
some real BEAUTS:

*Used parts or non-OEM parts will be used at the discretion of the insurer.
*Oil changes must be peformed by an authorized ASE mechanic.  If you change
your own oil, you void the warranty.  (In fact, if you do ANY work
yourself, you void the warranty.)

Plus a lot of items are considered "consumable"... not just brake pads, but
items like STEPPER MOTORS in a 164.  All rubber donuts (like we didn't know
that already.)  WINDSHIELDS.

So after consideration, I put the warranty money towards a new exhaust for
my GTV-6 and skipped buying the Spider.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 161k miles (pulling extra duty right now)
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 57k miles (stuck in garage, waiting on new brake
master cylinder)
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles (A/C recharge tomorrow, new exhaust en
route)

End of alfa-digest V7 #855